Sunday, April 12, 2009

DIY Multitouch Computer

How many of us have been dieing to get our hands on one of those hardcore microsoft touchscreen tables just to futz around with it? I know I have wanted one. Unfortunately for me, however, I don't happen to have 12 grand lying around to pay for one. I'm sure I'm not the only one in that boat.

Have no fear though! The folks over at Maximum PC have managed to find a way to build a cost effective alternative to Microsoft's table. You'll have to have a look for yourself to see how the responsiveness of each table is, but in my opinion, for the price, you can't go wrong with Maximum PC's rendition.

Microsoft Surface:


Maximum PC DIY Surface:


Maximum PC's Multitouch Surface Computer from Maximum PC on Vimeo.

As you can see, Maximum PC's table works exceptionally well, and is soooo much cheaper than Microsofts. Maximum PC's table is made with fairly easy to obtain materials, and is actually simpler to build than one might think. If you are interested in building one for yourself, check out there article here. I know I'm taking notes so I can build one when I get to my college dorm :P.

No comments: