Monday, March 2, 2009

Skype + iTouch = iPhone

Well, almost.  You still need WiFi to actually make calls, but if you are like me, and have WiFi everywhere you go... it's pretty damn close.

You don't even need to jailbreak your iTouch.  If you use a free application like Fring or Nimbuzz, you can sign into your Skype Account.  As long as you have credit (I got Unlimited to US and Canada - Come on, it's $3 a month), you can call people from your iTouch.  Mind you, you will need some way to input sound (the 2 generation iTouch supports the iPhone Headphones, the ones with the mic on it), but once you get that.... it works.

So, I mean, thinking about it, it is an investment.  You need the iTouch, the headphones, and the Skype.  But when you compare that to how much an iPhone plan costs... you save after the first year (depending on how big your iTouch is).  I'm really excited to start calling people.  I'll let everyone know what the quality is like.

Next step though... Jailbreak it.

UPDATE:  I haven't jailbroken the iPod yet, but I have made calls from it.  I called my Dad (From the east coast to the west coast) and there was some lag in the conversation - on my part I think.  I'm going to see if that was a distance problem, but I suspect it may be like that for most conversations, which is really disappointing.  I'll work on more details.  But to make it clear - I can call people from my iTouch now.

1 comment:

felisha green said...

Do you need to increase your credit score?
Do you intend to upgrade your school grade?
Do you want to hack your cheating spouse Email, whatsapp, Facebook, instagram or any social network?
Do you need any information concerning any database.
Do you need to retrieve deleted files?
Do you need to clear your criminal records or DMV?
Do you want to remove any site or link from any blog?
you should contact this hacker, he is reliable and good at the hack jobs..
contact : cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com