Thursday, March 12, 2009

Skype on the iPod Touch

Well, it's been an interesting few days as I try and make my iPod touch as much like an iPhone.  Some interesting and sad developments have happened, such as the death of Infinite SMS, and my attempts to get Skype on the iTouch.

Well, I have.  By buying an "online number" I have made it so I can call people from my iTouch, and they can call me back.  The only problem is, it isn't working as well as I would like it too.

At the moment, I am using Fring, Backgrounder, and KeepAwake to power my jailbroken iTouch.  Fring is a client which can hook up to Skype.  Backgrounder allows  the app to run in the background, so I can do other stuff while still waiting for incoming calls.  And lastly, KeepAwake keeps my WiFi on all the time, and in theory, it keeps the iPod from going into sleep mode.  This last option allows me to black my screen, but I don't need to worry about the iPod fall asleep and disconnecting fring.

Well, it isn't working as well as I would like it too.  I woke up after sleeping and tried calling my iTouch - it didn't ring.  Upon checking, fring had disconnected.  So the entire integration idea needs work.  Basically, I need an Application that always runs in the background, always stays connected to skype, always keeps my WiFi on, and will always ring.  I feel that the best way to do this is to make it myself - so hopefully soon, I will start in on this adventure.  Wish me luck!

Edit:  This post here might mean a Skype Application is coming to the iPhone.  Now the Jailbreaking communicty needs to get a hand on it and make it a perfect replacement!

2 comments:

felisha green said...

Do you need to increase your credit score?
Do you intend to upgrade your school grade?
Do you want to hack your cheating spouse Email, whatsapp, Facebook, instagram or any social network?
Do you need any information concerning any database.
Do you need to retrieve deleted files?
Do you need to clear your criminal records or DMV?
Do you want to remove any site or link from any blog?
you should contact this hacker, he is reliable and good at the hack jobs..
contact : cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com

Anderson Kate said...

Hi. I went over a stunning Hacker Kevin Mitnick. They have assisted with a colossal measure of issues like Phone Hack, Account Hack, Clear Debts, Grade update, Criminal Records help E.t.c. They spared my life.

you can contact by strategies for

email: kevinmitnick773 (at) gmail website

Text/Call: +1 8634559148

Whatsapp: +1 8634559148