Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ti-83+ Caclulator

I have a Ti-83+ calculator.  Maybe you have one, maybe you don't.  This nice thing about this calculator is what you can do with it.  You can do basic arithmetic, but that is so below what it can do it hurts me.  Some of the fascinating things the calculator can do are:

  • Program in BASIC
  • Program in Assembly
  • Connect with your computer for updates
Those may not seem like much, but for many people, Basic is their first real touch with programming.  I know it was for me, and I fell in love with it then.  The language itself is one of the easiest to learn, but it can still be very powerful.  I bring this up because I am tempted to make a few posts on the ideas behind basic and perhaps some more interesting concepts.  Also, for my Calculus class we were studying integrals, and the idea behind some of the rules made me sick, so I made a program to do them all.  This greatly simplifies the work on my part, and allows me to easily check my tests!

If you want to use the program, download it here and send it to your calculator!

No comments: