Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Speed Test

So... my internet sucks.  It isn't just that I don't like it, or I an greedy.  It really sucks.  It only just beats out having dial-up still.  I mean, DSL is nice, but this really doesn't do it for me.  At one point, maybe, but not anymore.  Just to prove my point, here are my results from Speedtest.net.

See what I mean?  This is in kilo bits per second too, which means you have to divide by 8 to get the actual Kilobytes per second.  This translates to less than 100 kilobytes per second.  Sad.  A sad, sad world.  However, not all hope is lost.  While I'm not in college yet, it turns out my school has a very nice internet connection, and they have not put up their "great firewall" yet, so I can still download many things, and torrent many more.  Check this out:


So you see, while you may have crappy internet at your house, elsewhere may be better for you.  Until my school gets their act together, I'm going to be torrenting like no tomorrow on their connection.  And when they block that, I will move onto http file transfers.  Teach them a lesson.

No comments: